The Damon System uses a combination of self-ligating brackets and high-tech memory shape wires to apply light, consistent forces to the teeth. The self-ligating brackets hold the wire into place with a clip, rather than an elastic tie, maintaining activation of the wire for a longer period of time so the braces do not need to be “tightened” every 4-6 weeks. The result of the low friction self-ligating system and lighter force wires is increased comfort for patients.
So what really sets the Damon System apart?
- Because the braces don’t have ties, there is no need for tightening, making them more gentle on the teeth and tissues of the mouth.
- The memory shape wires are high-tech and quickly move teeth, requiring fewer adjustments.
- Fewer adjustments mean fewer office visits, and patients enjoy an overall faster treatment time.
- The clinically proven approach aligns teeth and enhances facial appearance by taking into account the patient’s face, profile and other factors to provide a beautiful and functional smile that will last a lifetime.
- Damon Braces are also available in clear, offering an aesthetically pleasing option that won’t stain like traditional clear braces.