Invisalign consists of a series of clear plastic aligners that are worn full time to progressively straighten your teeth, similar to braces. Each set of aligners is worn for 2 weeks and are programmed to move the teeth in small increments before switching to the next set of aligners. There are new technologies which can now accelerate orthodontic treatment (AcceleDent and Propel), enabling patients to switch out aligners as few as every 5-7 days! The aligners are comfortable, removable and best of all, clear, so they are virtually invisible.
- The aligners are clear, making them virtually invisible to others, so they offer a high degree of aesthetics.
- The aligners are removable, so you don’t have to alter your diet or oral hygiene routine during treatment.
- Because they are made of a smooth, comfortable plastic, there is nothing to irritate the inside of the mouth or tongue.
- Invisalign typically requires fewer adjustment appointments, and the average patient is seen only every 8 to 10 weeks.
- There is a lower chance of damaging your aligners, so the need for emergency appointments is minimal.
- If the aligners are not worn as prescribed, ideal results won’t be achieved and your treatment can take longer than estimated. Compliance is key.
- Clear attachments may be required to aid in tooth movement, which will make the aligners more visible to others.
- Patients with severe orthodontic issues may not be ideal candidates for Invisalign.
A consultation with Dr. Desh can determine whether Invisalign would be the best treatment option for you!
Invisalign Posts From HD Ortho Blog
- Invisalign Tips and Tricks - Long Beach, CA - If you are an orthodontic patient who opted for Invisalign treatment, chances are good you chose it for the minimal impact you felt it would have on your daily life. The aligners are clear, rendering them practically invisible, and they are Read more...
- 20 Things to Know Before Getting Invisalign in Long Beach - Long Beach, CA - Invisalign is a wonderful orthodontic treatment option for many patients. The clear plastic aligners are comfortable, discrete and removable. But, before you opt for the treatment, we want to be sure you know everything you need to know about the treatment. Read more...
- Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Invisalign - Long Beach, CA - Orthodontic treatment has come a long way, and there are more options than ever before to get the straight smile of your dreams. One treatment option that continues to rise in popularity is Invisalign and Invisalign Teen. But what exactly does Read more...
- Invisalign Teen FAQ - Has your teenager recently asked about having Invisalign Teen to perfect their smile? Learn more about the technology from Long Beach orthodontist, Dr. Heather Desh.